Last spring I got a link to a the site Women Fighters In Reasonable Armor where pictures of “ladies that actually dress for dealing damage” are featured. It has been a great resource and inspiration for me when making role-playing characters so I’m very happy to recomend it to anyone interested in armor in any way, shape or form. Some of the armors there look really awesome. Here’s some of my favorites:
- A redesign of wonder woman.
- The professional lady knight Virginia Hankins in functional armor.
- A fierce looking female figher from D&D.
- Two ladies who look like they mean some serious busines on a battle field.
- A sister of battle from Warhammer 40k.
- A little lady who’s bound to see some great adventures.
- And last but not least some caster type characters: Kyra, the cleric, the mysterious Tzila and a very practical looking wizard.
For me personally, the “bikini mail” type of armor doesn’t cut it when I play RPGs. To quote the guy behind this website, there’s nothin’ wrong with sexy. I like a sexy character as much as anyone else. But I also like my characters to be as realistic as you can get in a fantasy/sci-fi world. This includs protecting their vital organs and making sure they keep warm on a cold night. There’s a great clip from CollegeHumor that shines a light on the situation: