A while back my hubby told me that he had heard of some pet you could get from the Stormstout Brewery. I usually have quite a good grip on where there are pets to get, but this one I had totally missed. There was only one thing to do: figure out what pet this was and how to get it!
The pet is a little hopling and I found a post on WoW insider that described the basics of how to get it. The pet is a reward for the achievement Ling-Ting’s Herbal Journey, one of the Pandaria heroic dungeon achievements. It can however be done on normal difficulty as well.
As I was reading the above mentioned post and the comments on Wowhead I noticed that there are a few different ways to obtain this achievement. I thought that the strategy based on using shift+V seemed to be the most straightforward and decided to go with that one.
I also thought that some of my guildies might be interested in getting a hopling of their own. Our guild is a very small guild at the moment, so it is quite rare that we do things together. Turns out going on a hopling hunt were a great guild activity! We had a lot of fun.
Here is what we did and what I recommend any hopling hunter to do:
- When entering the dungeon buy 5 Ling-Ting’s Favorite Tea, you will probably only need 2-3 of them but better safe than sorry is my motto here.
- Then you go on to clear the instance fully. Don’t drink the tea untill the last boss is down.
- When the boss is down and you have had your tea you click shift + V to make the health bars of friendly targets visable.
- The hoplings are sneaky little guys who are hiding, so take your time and look through the place carefully. We missed one hiding under the head of the last boss.
- Once you find a hopling you just click it and it goes away. There are a total of 30 hoplings hiding in the instance, unfortunately there is no counter for this achievement so if you are doing it like a group activity it might be hard to keep track of how many you have found.
Once you have found them all you get the achievement and a letter in the mailbox containing your new little friend.